Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Has Fallen {Modest Fashion Event} Day Four

Our prize for today is from Miss Angela. Thank you for contributing this very cute necklace!

A word from our sponsor: 

Why hello there! My name is Angela, the creator behind TeaCupCastle. My little shop is all about handmade items that are whimsical and filled with fantastical fun. Items are designed to add a little sparkle and “wow” to any outfit. How did I get started? It all started with a cup of tea (hence the shop name) and my BFF. We were having tea and scones in her backyard when she mentioned that I should sell my items online, and spread my love for crafting. Do come visit my Etsy and Facebook! Use the code SHIP4FREE for free shipping off any item.

XOXO,

TeaCupCastle


 


a Rafflecopter giveaway


 Today's fashion challenge:

Wear an autumn-y print blouse, skirt or dress. Other rules that apply: if  you are wearing a dress or a skirt, please make sure they come at least down to the knee; please do not wearing tops or dresses that expose cleavage. Link up your outfit in a comment.


My outfit:







Blouse: thrifted (for like $2)
Skirt: thrifted (for 3 bucks or so)
Shoes: none. ;) 
Hair: by me and my sista, Abby. =)

Special thanks for my 9-year-old brother, Jaden, for taking these photos for me! =) <3


Today's interview (Miss Johanna):

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Johanna Grace, I'm 16, photographer, blogger, writer, librarian, farmer (and more). I live on a farm in Texas and love Jesus most of all. I like fashion quite a bit, thank you, and try very hard to dress modestly and so that my clothing represents who I am. My style is just slightly eclectic at times, I own too many cardigans, some people say that I'm a hipster... but I think I'm just me being me. Pleasure to meet you all!


2. Have you always had the desire to dress modestly? If not, what prompted you in that area?
I always have dressed modestly because of my parents wishes, but it is a very personal choice for me as well. I believe in dressing modestly because I want to glorify God in everything I do, and I love all my brothers very much and don't want them to blush and turn away every time they look at me. 

3. Who is your fashion inspiration? Why?
My fashion inspiration has always been my Memaw, she's beautiful, fashionable and super classy. She's taught me that you don't need to bare it all to be noticed and respected. 

4. What is your favorite piece of clothing? Why?
My current favorite is a silk blouse I found at a thrift shop, it's kind of 80's, brown, tan, and cream with lots of colorful geometric shapes. I like it because it stands out in a crowd and super easy to wear. Adorbs!


5. What is your favorite accessory? Why?
I'm going to have to say a scarf, because they're so useful and easy to dress up or down. 

6. What do you like most about being a girl?
I love being a girl in this modern age, because you have the choice to be feminine while still doing something very productive with your life. 

7. Do you think make-up enhances ones beauty or flaunts it?
It depends on how you wear it, certainly. I wear makeup most days when I go out because I like the creativity that comes through it. I personally love a very basic look, even skin-tone, a few highlights, a little mascara and a touch of eye-liner, for the most part, is as much as I do. It should never be used to hide who you really are and turn you into someone else, but like a friend of mine once said; "You are not your skin problems, so why should that be the first thing people see?" 


8. What is your favorite fall outfit? Why?
I adore, long, warm, colorful, fuzzy sweaters (or jumpers as they call them in Britain) pulled on over my almost-skinny-but-not-enough-to-be-immodest jeans, the cuffs rolled up and a pair of sturdy boots on my feet. And a ridiculously wonderful scarf as well. Come on fall!



Today's craft: 

Photo credit - Working with Eager Hands
Want to make your t-shirt sleeves more feminine looking? Try out this tutorial!

23 comments:

Miss Grace said...

Can't wait to see who wins!! :)

Kari Kanani said...

Neat!
Kari~*~

CountryGirl said...

I follow by GFC!

Name: Countrygirl

Be Thou My Vision said...

Grace,

haha, same here! =)

Kari,

Thank ya!

EMMA said...

Entering!
Emma
http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

CountryGirl said...

Jo,

Here is my entry. The colors on the blouse are black,orange-ish,dark brown and cream. I hope you like it!
http://paigescorner99.blogspot.com/2012/09/fall-print-fashion-post.html

Blessings,
Paige

Be Thou My Vision said...

Paige,

It is adorable! =) And I really like your feather earrings. Great job, girl!

~Jo

Ashley P said...

Guess what?! I'm entering an outfit today!! As my outfit just happened to fit today's theme. :D http://www.bramblewoodfashion.com/2012/09/what-i-wore-what-makes-you-beautiful.html

Be Thou My Vision said...

Ashley,

It's cute! =) I was super excited to see your post!

~Jo

Emily Ruth said...

I have enjoyed this event, Johanna! I'll work on putting some more outfits together.

Hugs,
Emily.

borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com

Be Thou My Vision said...

Emily Ruth,

Great! =)
<3
~Jo

Kellie said...

Excited to be a part of your lovely event, Jo! I realized that my outfit would work today after reading Ashley's post - fun! ;)
http://kelliefalconer.blogspot.com/2012/09/outfit-wool-plumsilk.html

Be Thou My Vision said...

Kellie,

Aw... great! Thanks! =) It's lovely!

~Jo

CountryGirl said...

Thank you!

Katherine said...

I like your skirt!

www.alifeworthliving-katherine.blogspot.com

Be Thou My Vision said...

Katherine,

Thanks! It has a lot of panels (20-something), so it's flowy. =)

~Jo

Ebenezer Forest Farm said...

www.freefromwheat.com
~SHILOH

Abby Y. said...

I like your shirt!
Abby Y.

Be Thou My Vision said...

Abby,

Thanks!

~Jo

Sadie said...

There's the jean skirt again! ;) Love it and the shirt!


Sadie
irishragamuffinslilsister.blogspot.com

Be Thou My Vision said...

Sadie,

haha, thanks! =)

~Jo

Sara said...

I've been enjoying reading these, Jo! And seeing all of the different outfits. :) Thanks so much for hosting this!
<3,
Sara

Be Thou My Vision said...

Sara,

Great! I am glad! =)

Love ya,
Jo <3