Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Has Fallen {Modest Fashion Event} Day Three

Today's prize is from Miss Carolyn.Thank you for sponsoring!!

A word from Miss Carolyn:

I grew up in Washington state and relocated to Chicago after being a short term missionary teaching English in Quito, Ecuador for two years. Received my MSW from Jane Addams School of Social Work, met my husband at the church where I did my second year field placement, and now 28 years of marriage,and three daughters later, we now live in NW Indiana along with our youngest daughter and I teach English as a Second Language for the City Colleges of Chicago. In my spare time I sew! I've donated many items to NICUs, Indian reservations, soldiers in Iraq and more. I've always kept my hands busy, from early childhood Christmas gifts that challenged me to be creative to making clothes, repairing friend's clothes, making quilts and all the other items you see in my shop. I love to be creative! Thankfully my husband loves to cook! 

This adorable coffee cozy is the prize


 a Rafflecopter giveaway


Today's fashion challenge:

Wear some sort of hat (pillbox, slouch, newsboy, birdcage, etc.). Other rules that apply: if  you are wearing a dress or a skirt, please make sure they come at least down to the knee; please do not wearing tops or dresses that expose cleavage. Link up your outfit in a comment.


Today's interview (Miss Leah):

1. Tell us a little about yourself. I am 18 years old. I’m 4th of ten children. When I ask people to describe me in one word, they usually always say  “Laugh”….’for I dearly love to laugh’….My favorite things to do are horseback riding, shopping, 4-wheeler riding, dancing, walking, writing, etc. etc.  and just hanging out with my family & friends doing anything. I’ve lived in the same place my entire life. I’ve no idea how it feels to move. I’m a people person all around, I can be shy though. I love my family, my friends, and my life. God has blessed me with so much. I was saved 3 years ago, and I have been striving to find and follow God’s will for my life. I’m not perfect, but God loves me anyhow. 

2. Have you always had the desire to dress modestly? If not, what prompted you in that area? My parents have brought me up to dress modestly, until the last few years; it was their conviction and not mine personally. But I’ve come to desire to dress modestly, because personally, I think MY only reason for not dressing modestly, would be to “show off” my body. And I DON’T WANT TO DO THAT! So I hope that explains my reasons for modest dress. =)

3. Who is your fashion inspiration? Why?   I love the way my older sister dresses, so she’d prolly be my “fashion inspiration” she’s always so dressy, but yet casual, cute, and just all around her style’s my favorite. =)

4. What is your favorite piece of clothing? Why? My skirts are my favorite….And then secondly, button ups! I just love how skirts are so full and swishy and I love twirling in them, button ups? I just love them for no reason really, other than they are comfy and my style!  ^_^


5. What is your favorite accessory? Why? hmmm…probably my dangly earings, because I just love how they, Dangle! Haha. ^_^

6. What do you like most about being a girl? Honestly, I always used to wish I was a guy. They always seemed to get to do the fun stuff. But now, I love being a girl, because I love dressing up (guys can’t really do that as well as girls heehee) I love lots of things about being a girl…but all around MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT BEING A GIRL IS THE FACT THAT GOD MADE ME ONE!

7. Do you think make-up enhances ones beauty or flaunts it? I think makeup can enhance ones beauty, but if over done can easily flaunt it.

8. What is your favorite fall outfit? Why? My favorite fall outfit, would be my brown tiered skirt. Tank top, and plaid button up! =) I love that outfit because it’s me, and it’s comfy! 




Today's craft:

Photo credit - No Big Dill

Learn how to make the headband in the photo above.

16 comments:

Marjo.....B. said...

You know how to reach me!

What a surprise to see that you had interviewed my friend Leah! How fun. :) And I know that she DOES indeed have good style!

Marjo.....B. said...

PS. Johanna, if I link-up with fashion pictures, I believe I will use my sister's blog Nonpareils Designs because it is more in line with...fashion! :) I'll put your button on it as well.

CountryGirl said...

http://jewelrymakingcrazy.blogspot.com/2012/09/coffee-cozy-giveaway.html

I shared This!

CountryGirl said...

I heartthe shop!
Paige

Be Thou My Vision said...

Marjo,

Alrightio!

Paige,

Great! =)

CountryGirl said...

:)Thanks!

CountryGirl said...

Here is my entry for the challenge. Umm... I did't have any other hats, because I don't really wear them. I hope the baseball cap is OK. :)

http://paigescorner99.blogspot.com/2012/09/wear-hat-fashion-post.html

Be Thou My Vision said...

Paige,

That's perfectly fine! =)

Ebenezer Forest Farm said...

www.freefromwheat.com
~Shiloh

Mary Beth said...

I love Leah's outfit! It's something I'd wear all the time!:)

Be Thou My Vision said...

Mary Beth,

I agree! =)

~Jo

Sadie said...

Cute outfit :)

Sadie
irishragamuffinslilsister.blogspot.com
(I'll be blogging about them soon!)

Be Thou My Vision said...

Sadie,

Yup! =)

Eden said...

Hey! Here's a way of contact for me!
www.edensevaluations.blogspot.com

Becca said...

This is a really cute giveaway!!!

Be Thou My Vision said...

Becca,

yup! =)