Saturday, March 17, 2012

photos from Arkansas trip

just got back from Arkansas this morning (1:00 am). photos below. :)
moss

grape hyacinths




an old truck across the road from my Great-Grandma's house

yours-truly

my Great-Aunt Cora Etta (pronounced Coretta). she is my Dad's Mom's sister. :)

this letter is dated '1949'.
old letters


my sis kindly took these photos of me. :)

she wasn't so kind to take this one. ;)





lady bug

iris sunshine

this fella is related to us somehow-- i think he's a distant cousin. anyway, isn't he so very handsome? :)




we girls went on a long walk and stopped to take this photo

one of Great-grandma's friends, Lillie,  her husband, Bud, and their daughter.
my Great-Uncle Fred L. and his wife Janice. Fred is my Dad's Dad's younger brother. :)

more relatives whose names i do not know.

Runetta Hughes-- she is my Great-grandma's brother's daughter. she is around the same age as my parents, but the generation above (she's my Dad's Mom's cousin).
that's my Great-Great Uncle Anderson on the left (my Great-grandma's younger brother). he was the father of Runetta (pictured above).

this is a photo that was at the Cracker Barrel restaurant we went to. :) i LOVE old photos!!! :)


3 comments:

Becca said...

Those are neat pics! Old pictures are cool! :)

Allison said...

Oh, what awesome, awesome old photos! *love* We have a picture of our great-great-grandparents, and Daddy says I look just like her ... Your old letters pictures and ladybug pictures are lovely. :)

Be Thou My Vision said...

Becca,
Thanks. :) Yes, old photos are so cool!!!

Ally,
I know, right! :)

Miss ya,
Jo