Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Visitor

Earlier this week one of our German relatives came over and I got to meet him for the first time. His name is Joachim Kautt and he is my Dad's second cousin. He lives in Immenhausen, Germany with his wife (Martina) and children, Tabitha (12) and Raphael (9, I think). We had a fun time with him and he had a lot of interesting things to tell us. Any way, below are a few photos of his visit. I wish we could've gotten more photos.

Mom and Abby visiting with Joachim (or "Yo").


My Dad and his second cousin (Joachim). Don't you think they look a lot alike? I do!

Joachim and my brother Caleb  - they even look alike! :)

6 comments:

Jennoelle said...

Oh that's so cool! :)

CreativityStartsHere said...

Hello Jennoelle,

Thanks for commenting!

It was really cool! :) But it wasn't long enough, because my family only got to see him one day of his visit to the U.S. :( He'll just have to come back and bring his family! :) -- his daughter is around my age.

Blessings,
~Johanna

Jennoelle said...

Oh, I found your blog after doing some blog-hopping...from Anna Olivia's blog, The Secret Life of Daydreams, I believe. (: I just think it's so neat that you actually know someone from Germany! It would be really cool if you got to meet his daughter sometime too, especially if you're around the same age.

CreativityStartsHere said...

I find a lot of blogs from blog hopping too. :)

Yeah, I know several people from Germany. Most of them are relatives. My Dad's paternal Grandparents immigrated from Germany around WWII. I am a quarter German. :)

Why does Germany interest you? I'm just curious. :) I have a great interest for Norway-- for several reasons. Perhaps I'll blog about that sometime. :)

Blessings,
Johanna

Jennoelle said...

Oh, all of Europe interests me. (: I'm determined to travel someday. Hmm yes! I'm curious as to why Norway interests you. Actually, the country that has the biggest hold on my heart is France. I'm so hoping to go there someday and I'm learning the language too.

CreativityStartsHere said...

All of Europe interests me too! :) But especially western Europe. France would be a nice place to go to. :) Ah, yes, French is such a pretty language. I know tad of it-- don't get your hopes up, it's not much.

Au revoir!

~Johanna