Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas...

...Well, almost. :) My family is having a large family get-together this Christmas, so I decided I could be in charge of the table decor. Here was my idea:

A fabric "yo-yo" Christmas tree. :) 



Also a neat Christmas present idea is a pincushion like this:
More lovely Christmas gift ideas...

Tutorial
Tutorial

Tutorial
Tutorial
Tutorial
Tutorial

I may add more as I find more cool ideas. :)

Yo-Yo Christmas Tree Tutorial
Supplies:
- green scarps of fabric & or tulle (largest about half a yard)
- scissors
- thread
- silver or gold beads, preferably metal (optional)
- needle
- hot glue gun (optional)

Directions:
1. Cut out circles of fabric, about 1 inch difference in diameter for each circle.
2. Take your threaded needle and stitch along the edge of the circle and "gather" it. For a finished edge, turn the edge under once or twice as you go around the perimeter.
3. Pull the edges out so it is flat.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the rest of your circles.
5. Glue (or hand sew) the yo-yos together, going from largest (right side up) all the way up to the smallest.
6. Finishing touch-- attach a silver or gold bead to the top, either by gluing, or by sewing. You could also attach a wooden spool (with no thread on it) to the bottom as the "stump".

Let my know how yours turn out! Happy crafting!

8 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Those are some lovely tutorials!

CreativityStartsHere said...

Yepperz! I know and I am going to put a use to them! :)

Anna Faith said...

I'd love to enter your giveaway but I have not been entering any.I found myself spending to much time entering giveaway.
I really like your blog though!
~Anna-Faith from For His Glory

CreativityStartsHere said...

Anna Faith,

That's fine, I understand! :) Thanks for the compliment regarding my blog and thanks for commenting!

Blessings,
Johanna

Rebecca said...

Do you have a tutorial for the Christmas tree at the top??

In Christ,
Rebecca

CreativityStartsHere said...

No, not yet. I can make one, because I was the one who made the Christmas tree. :) It's fairly simple. I'll work on it! Do you want photos?

~Johanna

Rebecca said...

Thanks SO much Johanna!! I think these would be nice as gifts too!! You did a GREAT job on the one at the top!:)

CreativityStartsHere said...

Thanks for the compliments, Rebecca! They were fun to make!

~Johanna