- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg, scrambled
- 1 sugar Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- ½ medium-sized onion, white or yellow, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock/ water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Sage, dried 1/8 teaspoon or fresh chopped ¼ teaspoon
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- 1 Box of Lasagna noodles
Directions:1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Bring water to a boil and then add the lasagna noodles.
3) Meanwhile, while the noodles are cooking, peel, deseed, and chop up the sugar pumpkin or squash, half an onion, and coat all with oil, salt, and brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon sage and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast at 375 degrees F for 10- 14 minutes. When the pumpkin is fully cooked, add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Take out and allow to cool a little.
4) Scoop the pumpkin into a blender filling half-way each time and pureeing until smooth. Empty the contents into a bowl.
5) Separately, combine and stir the two cups ricotta, the mixed egg, ¼ cup parmesan, 1 cup of the mozzarella, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl with a couple pinches of salt and a sprinkle of pepper.
6) Drain the noodles when done cooking according to the directions on the package.
7) Begin layering the lasagna by putting some oil on the bottom of the baking dish. Then add a layer of pumpkin, then add a layer of noodles, then add a layer of the ricotta and mozzarella mixture, another layer of noodles, pumpkin mixture, and so on, alternating ricotta mixture and pumpkin layers. The top should be noodles, cover with the remaining shredded mozzarella and the rest of the parmesan and drizzle with oil. Cover with baking dish with foil.
8) Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional five minutes.
|Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes|
|Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins with Cranberries and Walnuts|
|Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread Recipe|
|Stuffed Baked Apples (Note: you could also use some sort of granola as the "filler").|
- 4 Medium sized ripe tomatoes
- 2 T. finely chopped scallions (onions)
- 2 T. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kasha
- 3 T. olive oil
1. Top tomatoes, scoop out innards (save).
2. Coarsely chop tomato pulp
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
4. Combine pulp, scallions, parsley, feta, Kasha & olive oil
5. Fill tomatoes with mixture. Bake 15 minutes.
Prep time 35 minutes.